Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Season Riding

Late spring/early summer riding, one of the many great reasons to live in the northwest.

So my day last Thursday: woke up and went to my paying job (no that's not working for Karakoram, yet :) ), cruised home at 5pm, met up with Aaron and headed up to Silver Peak to hit up the last of the late season up at the pass, at the trail head by 6:30pm

a short hike to the snow before we can start skinning


scoped the lines

headed up the ridge


dropped the west face down to Annette Lake


and hit some killer late season corn!


scramble up some heather fields,
over a small snowfield,
and reached the summit as the sun started setting, 9pm


snaped some pics of the raddest split combo almost available (I know I'm a bit biased...)

took in the views

time to drop!
rode down the bowl and we were back at the car before dark.


A couple cold ones to relive the fun and back home before ten.

I love the northwest!


2 comments:

Corey Christensen said...

I love reading your trip reports. You're doing a great job of making me jealous. Karakoram refers to the mountain range in Asia? How did you guys decide on that?

Looking forward to seeing close-ups of the Split30 system. I'm an ME too so you probably understand my curiosity.

Bryce Kloster said...

Yes, the Karakoram mountain range in Pakistan. Tyler and I have some friends that have called us K2 since we're twins and our last name starts with a K. The name K2 was already taken so we decided to go with Karakoram which is what the K in K2 stands for.

I should be updating the website this summer with more information on how the system works.

Thanks for your interest,

Bryce